ThinkMarble is one of the premiere Cyber Security companies based in the South. They help secure all manner of businesses and align them with current security standards, preparing them for the future. The website and branding cleanup had a completion deadline of just over a month due to an upcoming UK government security initiative.
The initial logo they had designed for them by their retained design agency had a lot of potential, but I felt it needed just a touch of simplification and clarity. I removed much of the visual clutter, brought out the spherical nature of the ‘marble’ and added the split colouring of the name.
In 2017, I was offered the reigns of the entire branding and I decided that it would be worth completely overhauling the logo to follow a more modern and versatile form. You can see the differences below:
With the branding having been cleaned up, we decided upon a punchy, bold design that broke away from the staid style of security sites that were around at the time. They also wanted something that made the site seem ‘alive’. I decided to write some custom code that displayed an ever-updating stream of ‘hacks’. This showed current timestamps, randomly generated possible IP addresses, common attackers and potential victims (with an onus on their clientele locations).
The site was fully responsive and uses the latest web security technologies to ensure it’s safety. Alongside the website, I created their responsive email footer that is deployed by Office 360. This dynamically generates the correct details for each signature based on the employee details already on their systems.
For future design work, I designed a custom font for ThinkMarble called ‘GothSerrat’. This combined elements of Montserrat and Gotham with adjustments to break up some of the ligature connections in line with the logo.
After a few years in the market, Thinkmarble decided that they had outgrown their initial identity and wanted to expand the companies offerings. This came with a website overhaul, and with it, a bit more time and planning. At the same time, they decided to part ways with their original design agency, and I was approached to take over.
So having full creative control for the first time, I tackled the branding, providing them with extensive guidelines covering the new logo usage, a new set of fonts and their specific attributes, a palette of colours and their use cases etc…
The first project was creating their printed product-sheets, creating hundreds of new icons and infographics. Once these were created, I set to work on the new website. With the website, I had much more time to study existing platforms and their target audience. The main takeaway was that they needed something with more clout, and something that clearly represented their new branding in an impactful way. As with their last site, this was fully responsive, mobile-first, and based on the DIVI framework.